Thursday, February 17, 2011

Your Comfort Zone

"Life begins at the end of your comfort zone." Neal Donald Walsch

Let me tell you about a friend who is going through a tough time. He had an accident while on the job and he has been going through rehab and trying to get himself back on his feet. His doctor just gave him a partial release creating a financial problem for him as the firm has reduced his benefits by a like amount but are not putting him back on his job in a reduced status. His reaction to this is to sequester himself at home, start looking to see what he can sell, and close himself off from others.

Now most of us wouldn't take such an extreme step, we would just kick our butts out the door and find a part time job, even if it was delivering pizza. So I got to thinking about what is going on with him and why this extreme reaction. The answer I came up with is FEAR! Now if I were to ask him why he is so afraid, he would tell me he's not afraid, he's just taking care of business.

Which led me to another question: what do we do when we are fearful, but we aren't aware of the fear because we've masked it in our notions of what is appropriate behaviors for ourselves. When I was younger, I thought that I was fearless too. But today I look back and realize that I had just hidden my fears from myself. I was afraid others wouldn't like me anyway, so I tended to avoid situations that called for closeness and trust. By not putting myself in these situations, I was able to keep myself from becoming aware of my issues, or to learn from them and heal them.

So I'd like to ask you a question. What do you do to keep yourself from becoming aware of your fears (the ANTS - Automatic Negative ThoughtS - in your head)? How do you mask your issues and keep yourself from healing? And is this truly what you desire for yourself?

A few days ago I made a commitment to attend a meeting and meet new people. When the time came to attend the meeting, I was full of excuses not to go. I told myself that I really didn't feel good, I was tired and grumpy, and - oh, there it is, they really won't like me anyway! Well, I went and had a wonderful time, got to know 3 delightful women, and came home feeling refreshed and affirmed.

When you locate your fear and understand where it comes from, you can choose to respond to the fear or to your personal life choices. You can start getting on with your own life on your own terms. And this is really what it's about, isn't it?

So it's your life, it's your game. If you are brave enough to venture out of your comfort zone and explore new ways of living, you are indeed a brave and intrepid soul. Just remember, that what you focus on today will be your future tomorrow, so choose your focus carefully and allow yourself to open to the new exciting opportunities that are always available to you.

What you focus on today will be your future tomorrow. Choose your focus carefully!

Open your life up to new exciting opportunities. Begin your life again NOW!

And if you don't think you can do it, or you don't deserve to be happy, or you're too deep into the pain, or you just need a checkup, give yourself a chance to make those changes in your life that you've been dreaming of.

You can contact me directly for assistance. Send me an email at sharon@ChangeYourLifeNowCoaching.com and I will respond as quickly as I can.

Blessings and Peace, Sharon

PS: Get your copy of the ebook, Introduction to Energy Work, at http://www.ChangeYourLifeNowCoaching.com. You can also visit me at http://www.EastHillHypnosis.com, or call 850-725-6400. I look forward to getting to know you.

copyright 2010 by Sharon Routledge, MA CH

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Sharon_Routledge

No comments:

Post a Comment